Alright. I’m here to spill out – a hidden truth about me.
I’m a craft show junkie.
There, I said it. I can breathe again. ????
Yes, I am that crazy lady that will drive an hour to Saxapahaw during the holidays and roam the aisles slowly (annoyingly so) checking it all out with a list I keep in my mind of which friend would like which item. It’s all very organic, you see – when I see it, I know! ???? (I prefer to go alone so as not to be rushed even though my sweet husband Kyle offers to drive me around to all the holiday markets)
I know. I know what you’re thinking – who has time for that, am I right? Shop local—what? Running around town to a bunch of different places, have I seen your list?
Listen, I get it your point of view but let’s be real for a moment many of us have a few people on our list that we want to gift something extra special. That’s why we’ve created this list of some of our favorite shops around the Triangle. I don’t know about you, but I like to start my shopping early, so it doesn’t feel like a chore.
- Monroe 26
- The Pink Pearl
- LauraLee Gifts
- Scout and Molly’s
- Peachy Keen
- Autumn and Avery
- Everything but the Monogram
Raleigh / Wake Forest:
- Designed for Joy (supports transitional living wage jobs for women in vulnerable situations)
- The Art of Style
- House of Swank
- Edge of Urge (edgy)
- Voda (great for your teenagers)
- Gingham and Posh
- Logan’s one-stop garden shop
- Local Charm (Rolesville)
- The Zen Succulent (for the plant lover in your life)
- The Cotton Exchange (this mini-mall has several retailers)
- The Doodling Bug
- Apex Outfitter
- Downtown Knits
Are you looking for an “experience gift” for your loved one?
- Ax Throwing
- Wine and Design
- Craft get-togethers @ The Devilish egg or AR Workshop
- Knitting parties @ Warm ‘n Fuzzy in downtown Cary
- A business workshop for your besties with a local business owner
- A foodie event at one of our fantastic Food Halls (Morgan, Transfer, Blue Dogwood)
- A retirement planning evening or a marketing workshop for female business owners
- A day trip to Wine Country
- A facial or spa experience
- A piece from one of our MANY local artists
Until next time! -Kris